High School Curriculum
Standards for Secondary Courses in Seventh-day Adventist Schools have been developed by teachers to guide an instructional program that is infused with Christian faith and an Adventist worldview. An education of this kind leads to strong academic growth and a clear picture of Christ and His love for mankind. These standards focus on what students should know, understand and be able to do.
SECONDARY STANDARDS FOR THE 38 COURSES ACCOMPLISH THE FOLLOWING:
- Provide clear expectations for student learning and accountability.
- Provide an essential user-friendly tool for developing instruction.
- Transform textbooks from curriculum guide to a resource for instruction.
- Provide for a complete and uniform Adventist secondary curriculum.
- Have been developed exclusively by Seventh-day Adventist educators.
- Have been aligned with the goals of Journey to Excellence
- Have been developed using national and state standards, NAD curriculum guides, and standards compendiums such as those produced by MCREL and Ten Sigma.
For individual grade and class standards and other resources, click here and you will be taken to the Adventist Education website.